When there are any changes/updates made to the existing templates which are associated to the Teams, user has to use this functionality of Synchronize Team for the changes of templates to be reflected in the associated Teams.
This section describes the steps for synchronizing Teams in Teams Manager.
1. Go to Teams Manager and navigate to tab "Templates".
2. Create a new Template "TeamsMgr" using the steps updated in section "Create Template".
3. Create a new Private Team "Project-TM" using the steps updated in section "Create Private Team when Approval Process disabled".
Note: Select the Template "TeamsMgr" which was created in step 3, while creating the Team "Project-TM".
4. Go to Teams and search for newly created template under Search field.
5. Enter "TeamsMgr" in search field and Select the Team "TeamsMgr" from the result displayed below under Search field.
6. Click on link "TeamsMgr" and click on tab "Channels".
7. Click on button "Add Channel".
8. Enter the Channel name as "Marketing" and enter the description as "This is the Information for Marketing", select checkbox "Automatically show this channel in everyone's Channel list".
Click on button "Add".
9. Go back to Teams Manager and navigate to tab "Templates".
10. Select the template "TeamsMgr" and click on 3 dots (...) in the right corner of the template.
11. Click on option "Save".
12. Displays confirmation message "Saving template TeamsMgr" to the user.
13. After couple of minutes, it displays a confirmation message to user "Successfully saved template TeamsMgr" and the Active Template list is refreshed.
14. Displays the version of template "TeamsMgr" as "V2" with modified date as the current date when the template was saved.
15. Navigate to tab "Teams".
16. Select the Team "Project-TM" and click on 3 dots (...) in the right corner of the Teams.
17. Click on option "Synchronize".
18. Confirmation message "Successfully synchronized team 'Project-TM'" is displayed to user.
19. Go to Teams and search for newly created Private Teams "Project-TM" under Search field.
20. Click on link "Project-TM" and click on tab "Channels".
21. Channel "Marketing" added from Template "TeamsMgr" is added to Teams "Project-TM" as Template "TeamsMgr" is synchronized with Teams "Project-TM".
Synchronize Team when Template is not available:
Templates created from Teams Manager are considered as individual Teams in external application such as MS Teams. When these are deleted from MS Teams, these Templates are deleted from Teams Manager too.
If there are Teams created from Teams Manager which are connected to Templates(that are deleted from MS Teams), and if user performs Synchronize Teams, user is provided with Validation message that the associated Template is deleted as displayed below.
This completes the functionality of Synchronize Teams in Teams Manager.