Create Public Team when Approval Process disabled
Create Public Teams When Approval Process disabled
Public Teams are created when members of the Team doesn't require any special permission to join the team. All members who are added while creating the team will have access to the Teams automatically.
Teams are created by selecting the Templates. All the information which a Template hold will be copied to Teams too.
This section describes the steps for creation of Public Teams in Teams Manager.
These steps are to be executed when Approval process is disabled. Deselect the checkbox "Enable Team approval process" under Settings->Setup->Approval.
1. Go to Teams Manager and navigate to tab "Teams".
2. Click on button "Create a Team".
3. Select "Public" from "What kind of team will this be?" dialog box.
4. Select "1G0904191049" from "Which Template do you want to use?" dialog box and click on button "Continue".
5. Enter the details related to the Teams in the following fields:
5.a Team Name: This is a text field which accepts alphanumeric characters between 3 and 100. This is a mandatory field. Enter Team name as "PubTeam-S2S"
5.b Description: This is a text box which accepts alphanumeric characters. This accepts till 100 characters and this is not a mandatory field. Enter description as "This is a Public Team".
5.c Owner: This is a text field and this field is by default updated with the user currently logged in. This will be the Owner of the Teams. One Owner is mandatory for the Teams, but there are possibilities to add more owners for the Teams. This is a mandatory field. By default this field is updated as "Christian Gross" as this is the logged in user.
5.d. Member: This is a text field and this field can hold more than one members. Enter "Jarbas Horst", "Basti John", "Alex P" as members.
Note: "Jarbas Horst", "Basti John" and "Alex P" should be available in active users in Office 365.
5.e Comment: This is a text field and user can enter short description about the Teams. This is a mandatory field. Enter value as "This is a Public Team available for all members in S2S".
6. Click on button "Create".
7. Displays "Nice work" in dialog box and displays confirmation message "Successfully created request 'PubTeam-S2S".
8. After successful creation of the Public Team, it displays in the "My active Teams" with following details in tabular form:
8.a Name: Displays title as "P" and name as "PubTeam-S2S".
8.b Description: Displays Description as "This is a Public Team".
8.c People: Displays the count as 4 as 1 Owner and 3 members are associated to this Team.
8.d. Type: Displays the icon as "" which specifies that this is a Public Team.
This completes the functionality on creation of Public Teams in Teams Manager when Approval process is disabled.